Applications and Videos Accepted September 1 – 30
GET YOUR ACT READY
The Magnolia Society of United Way of West Georgia is delighted to announce LaGrange Has Talent performance competition . Winner will receive $2,000!
Additional prize of $500 will be awarded to People’s Choice.
The competition has three components:
1) Contestants will complete an application, pay admission fee (your donation to BLOCK – Babies Learning on Course for Kindergarten Success) and submit a video of their performance during submission dates.
2) Contest is open to any resident of Troup County and residents within 50 miles from LaGrange. The address must be confirmed at the time of video submission and on stage performance. There is no age limit for contestants. Previous winners are not eligible.
3) Application must be submitted in the form of general information with a $50 application fee AND videos are to be uploaded as instructed. Exceptions can by handled by notifying the contact info.
4) Videos must not exceed 3 minutes in length. LaGrange Has Talent can assist in trimming videos if necessary.
5) Content can include, but not be limited to singing, acting, dancing, comedy, musical acts, gymnastics, magic, etc.
6) All Content must be family friendly. No obscene language or costumes may be included in the act. Nothing with fire or weapons of any type will be allowed on stage. United Way of West Ga. reserves the right to approve or exclude any video at their own discretion.
7) Clear facial recognition of contestants on your video is required to identify the individual(s) to the application.
1) Accepted Videos will be posted to the LaGrange Has Talent website.
2) Voting is open to anyone .
3) Votes are cast with cash payments of any amount The amount of the money = the number of votes. (example $5 donation = 5 votes, $50 donation= 50 votes.) Money raised is to benefit BLOCKS (Babies Learning on Course for Kindergarten Success) to benefit Early Learning Programs.
4) Voting for all contestants is open throughout the month of October. After the 10 top are announced at the end of October, voting for the top 10 will continue into November until the announced deadline prior to the final show.
5) Votes will be tallied and the performers with the top 10 highest votes will be announced on line and contacted through their personal information as well.
6) The top 10 performers will be invited to participate in the on stage finals.
1) The top 10 performers will be contacted through the means submitted at application. If contact information has changed, LaGrange Has Talent should be contacted immediately. If one of the top 10 performers can not be reached or does not accept invitation for final performance, LaGrange Has Talent committee may choose to select the performer(s) with the next highest number of votes.
2) Performers must be available to perform at Thursday night Finals and attend a rehearsal at a designated time for them on Wednesday before Finals.
3) Top 10 may perform the same act that was submitted on the video or perform a different act (same talent). We encourage final acts to be 2.5 minutes long but in no case to exceed 3 minutes.
4) Top 10 acts will receive a questionnaire between 2-3 days after voting is closed. Forms are to be completed by the deadline. Any music needs must be submitted in MP3 format. If you need help with your music in the correct format, you must notify the Stage Manager before deadline for submission of music. Stage additions to acts are limited and must be approved by the Stage Manager.
5) Voting for the top 10 final acts will continue on line through an extended period.
6) On stage Final performance will be held in Talent show format with 10 acts.
7) Tickets will be sold for entry into the show as long as tickets are available.
8) Final Cash winner will be determined by a panel of judges.
9) People’s Choice Award will be announced based on the outcome of the on line voting.
Performers agree to all the terms mentioned above plus
1) Waiver for their submitted information to be included in any publicity for the show to include, but not limited to Name, Act and photograph.
2) Provide their own transportation and accommodations for the show.
3) Performers are responsible for their own costumes and to make sure their music (if required) is submitted according to sound system requirements that will be furnished to the top 10.
4) Attending the rehearsal and final competition unless notifying LaGrange Has Talent committee 15 days prior to final show (excludes emergencies).
Thank you for your interest in LaGrange Has Talent . We look forward to receiving your video. Please feel free to contact the United Way of West Georgia’s office at (706) 884-8292 or e-mail us at email@example.com with questions.